Level 1 in Land-Based Operations
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Safe and effective working practices
- Transportation of supplies
- Maintenance of structures and surfaces
- Maintenance of equipment
- Planting and establishing plants
- Habitat management work
- Animal care
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
A genuine passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress to the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Agriculture.
Work in a wide variety of roles in land-based engineering, on an arable and livestock farm, with animals in sanctuaries and wildlife centres, in environmental conservation and horticulture.
For your course, you will need:
- A pair of strong sturdy safety boots (with steel toe-caps)
- One pair of college-branded overalls - preferably made of cotton
- Waterproof coveralls
- Wellington boots
- Folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- Optional: High-visibility bib
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).