FdSc Agriculture (Farm Business Administration)
Duration: Two years full-time.
What You Study
- Crop and livestock production
- Livestock science
- Financial recording
- Record keeping for agricultural businesses and office management
- Business principles.
- Applicants will have a minimum of 80 UCAS points, which may be from qualifications such as A Levels, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas, Access to Higher Education Diplomas and City and Guilds Advanced Technical Diplomas, amongst others. Please use the UCAS Tariff points calculator to determine the UCAS points value of your qualification.
- Applicants need GCSE English Language at grade C / 4 or above, or an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants need an appropriate academic reference.
- Life and / or experience of non-traditional students will be taken into account when considering applications. The successful completion of an entry task may be required when considering applications without the required formal entry qualifications.
- If your first language is not English, or a Tier 4 student visa to study is required and GCSE grade C / 4 English or equivalent is not held, English language proficiency level such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each skill) will need evidencing.
- Students with an appropriate HNC can apply for direct entry to Year 2.
There is an opportunity to progress to the BSc (Hons) Agricultural Resource Management (Top Up) following successful completion of this Foundation Degree.
Careers in farm business administration, farm and estate management and estate management are all potential areas a student gaining this qualification could pursue.
How To Apply
Application is through UCAS, using code T4M3.
Applications for the year you wish to study open in September the year before. Whilst UCAS advertise a January deadline, we continue to accept applications through to the September you wish to start with us, provided we have spaces available and the programme remains open.