City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Land-Based Operations
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Safe and effective working practices
- Transportation of supplies
- Maintenance of structures and surfaces
- Maintenance of equipment
- Planting and establishing plants
- Habitat management work
- Animal care
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
A genuine passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress to the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Agriculture.
Work in a wide variety of roles in land-based engineering, on an arable and livestock farm, with animals in sanctuaries and wildlife centres, in environmental conservation and horticulture.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).