Health and Social Care
Practical vs Theory
Are you looking to launch a career within the health and care sectors? This course will give you knowledge and skills you need. It offers the perfect blend of theoretical study and hands-on work experience, with the opportunity to work on the frontline of the NHS and with local health and social care facilities and providers.
We work closely with the local NHS trust in giving students valuable industry experience.
T Levels have been developed in collaboration with employers to meet industry needs. They are a Level 3 qualification equivalent to 3 A Levels and offer you a balance of classroom theory, practical learning and a hands-on industry placement. You will spend 80% of your time in the classroom and the other 20% in the workplace. T Levels also carry UCAS points to take you on to university.
- To give you the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training relevant to the T Level.
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the healthcare sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
- Core and further science concepts
- Core skills
- Supporting the adult nursing team
5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English, Maths and Science.
You will learn through a mixture of theory and practical work, guest speakers and relevant visits.
You will normally be in college three days per week and one to two days in work placement.