1.5 - 2 years
Do you have some experience working in the poultry industry? This apprenticeship will enable you to devellop the skills needed for management and control of a poultry farm or hatchery unit. You will be released to study during your working week.
- To develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as required for employment and future career progression within the industry.
- Anatomy, diseases and feeding requirements
- Health, safety, hygiene, welfare and biosecurity legislation
- Standard operation procedures
- Performance requirements including cost, growth, waste, hygiene and safety matrix
- Bird handling
You must have appropriate employment in the poultry industry. It is preferable that you have GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above.
You will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours through theory and practical-based lessons.
You will be released from work one day per week to undertake training at college.
- Stationery, such as pens and paper
- An electronic device to access online learning, i.e. a laptop