Develop a career within the agricultural industry with this Crop Technician apprenticeship. You will be responsible for optimising crop yields through establishment, management, harvest and post-harvest operations, while maintaining and improving the surrounding environment. You will also need to keep up to date with technological advances and new innovations.
Being a Crop Technician requires self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as a team player to complete tasks safely and efficiently.
If you do not have level 2 English and Maths you will need to achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
- To develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as required for employment and future career progression within the industry.
- Core skills
- Crop establishment
- Vehicle operation
- Crop management
- Harvest storage
- Maintenance and preparation
- Soil-based systems
- Maintenance of non-productive areas
- Impact of machinery on soil structure and potential damage
- Personal skills
You must have appropriate employment in the agricultural industry. It is preferable that you have GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths.
You will develop knowledge, skills and behaviours through theory and practical-based lessons.
You will be released from college one day per week to undertake training at college.
- Stationery such as pens and paper
- An electronic device to access online learning, i.e. a laptop
- Steel toe-capped boots, hi-vis vest and overalls for practical sessions