Are you looking to launch a career as a farm worker? This apprenticeship could be ideal for you.
It's likely that you would specialise in livestock or crops, supporting the operation of farm enterprises such as animal handling and health, maintenance and cleanliness of machinery.
You will typically be required to drive farm vehicles and must hold the appropriate license.
- To develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as required for employment and future career progression within the industry.
- Health and safety
- Handling animals
- Operating agricultural vehicles
- Crop/forage storage
- Farm maintenance
- Modules in-line with your job role - livestock worker/crop worker
You will need appropriate employment in the agricultural industry. It is preferable that you have GCSE English and Maths at grade 3 or above. If you do not have Level 1 and 2 English and Maths you will need to achieve a minimum of level 1 in these subjects prior to taking the end point assessment.
You will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours through theory and practical-based lessons.
You will be released from work one day per week to undertake training in college.
- Stationery such as pens and paper
- An electronic device to access online learning, i.e. a laptop
- Steel toe-capped boots, hi-vis vest and overalls for practical sessions