Access to Higher Education Diploma in Land-Based Studies - AnimalApply today Enquire about this course Download PDF
Practical vs Theory
Access to Higher Education programmes are designed to prepare students aged 19+ to study for a degree. If you're passionate about animals, this is the pathway for you. It will allow you to select specialist modules, such as Animal Management and Behaviour, based on you individual passions. The programme makes full use of the colleges facilities, including our Animal Management Centre.
- Introduction to business
- Higher Education study skills
- Organisations, people and products
- Land-based skills
- Introduction to science
- Science of life
- Research project
- Specialist Animal Management modules covering animal science and welfare, management and behaviour
You will need GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at grade 4 or above, or equivalent qualifications, as well as relevant industry experience. You can study English/Maths alongside your course if you don't have these grades.
You will learn through a mixture of theory and practical sessions on campus at Bishop Burton College.
This course usually includes three days per week on campus.
- College-branded white laboratory coat
- College-branded blue kennel coat
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including steel toe capped footwear (boots, shoes, or wellies)
- Waterproof outdoor clothing and footwear (for work experience)
- Stationery, including paper, pens, pencils and a folder to organise theory work
Validated by Cambridge Access Validating Agency (CAVA)
We are proud to collaborate with CAVA on the validation of this course.
View the policies and procedures you would be agreeing to comply with by registering for this programme.
Find the full details of the fees associated with this programme and the financial support available.