Practical vs Theory
Access to Higher Education courses are designed to prepare students aged 19+ to study a degree. This pathway includes specialist Agriculture units, enabling you to fully tailor your study programme to suit your future progression or career aims.The programme makes full use of the college's facilities, including our mixed-use commercial farm.
- Introduction to business
- Higher Education study skill
- sOrganisations, people and products
- Land-based skills
- Introduction to science
- Science of life
- Research project
- Specialist Agriculture modules covering crop production, livestock production and technology
You will need GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at grade 4 or above, or equivalent qualifications, as well as relevant industry experience. You can study English/Maths alongside your course if you don't have these grades.
You will undertake a range of theoretical and practical sessions.
You will usually be on campus three days per week.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including high-visibility jacket/bib, overalls, steel toe capped boots, wellingtons, waterproof coat and trousers, and a lab coat.
- Stationery including a lever arch file, dividers, hole punched lined pape, pencil case, pens and pencils.
- A laptop is desirable but not essential.
Validated by Cambridge Access Validating Agency (CAVA)
Find the full details of the fees associated with this programme and the financial support available.