Learning Resource Centre
Facilities across the College are outstanding and give great opportunities for students to gain real practical and commercial experience.
Our state-of-the-art Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is at the centre of the campus and at the centre of our students' learning experience. This innovative and exciting building has been designed to reflect a modern working environment, with glass walls making the best use of natural light.
The LRC has been designed to provide students with a high quality learning environment, including excellent library and ICT facilities, a range of new e-learning spaces and teaching and tuition rooms, as well as everything else needed to learn effectively.
The LRC resources include:
- Skilled and friendly staff who work with you to help you find and use the information you need
- Modern study spaces with lots of PCs and Wi-Fi access, quiet areas and comfort zones
- Daily and weekly newspapers and subscriptions to over 1000 specialist journals and magazines
- A great selection of DVDs that students can take home
- ICT-rich learning environments for teaching and learning in structured or informal groups and independent use
- Access to specialised web-based research sites and databases
- Photocopying facilities and binding machines to help students present work in a professional way
- A collection of light fiction to help students unwind
- Unique and tailored sessions with LRC staff to help you get the best out of the fantastic resources available
- Access to Inter Library Loans from one of our other campuses or the British Library.
No need to wait for a PC to become free or book a time slot, our 'hot terminals' will let you log-in, check your e-mails and then move on to other areas.
No more queuing at the issue desk. Simply check your own books in and out using our self-issue station.
You can book computer time online from home or at work.
LRC Opening Hours (Term Time)
- Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Friday: 8.30am - 7pm
- Saturday: 8am - 12.30pm
Located nearby is the Higher Education Learning Resource Centre. This provides a light, bright attractive learning environment and has been specifically designed for use by our Higher Education students. The majority of the resourcing is electronic and this area incorporates a further 22 PCs and is wireless enabled, so you can use your own computer. LRC and study skills staff are available to support students.
The Higher Education LRC is open 24 hours a day.