The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge; understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
This course has been designed to enhance the knowledge developed from taking the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction: Gym-Based Exercise.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Methods of collecting participant information
- Principles of screening participants prior to exercise including the use of the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- How to use participant information to assist with the planning of safe and effective group circuit training sessions
- How to use music to enhance group circuit training sessions
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments.
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of participants
- Preparing self, equipment and environment for group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
- Evaluating own performance.
If you’re interested in taking part, contact Mike Ridley by calling 01964 553000 or emailing email@example.com.
This course takes place over two days on a weekend, 9am - 4pm.
Dates to be confirmed. Please contact 01964 504160 for more information.
Share this course
BTEC Level 3 in Sport
“You get all the support you need here. The sports facilities are all excellent, as are the coaches. I definitely want to work in the sporting industry now.”
Leia is passionate about sport and has been actively involved as a player, coach and volunteer throughout her time at Bishop Burton College.
She has captained the College netball academy team, represented Great Britain Colleges in netball and has also volunteered in rugby league, winning the RFL Young Volunteer Award.
In 2016, Leia was crowned ‘Sports Personality of the Year’ at the annual Bishop Burton College Sports Awards.
“You get all the support you need here,” said Leia. “The sports facilities are all excellent, as are the coaches. I definitely want to work
in the sporting industry now.
“Winning Sports Personality of the Year was a really big surprise. We’d had a good year as a team but there was so much competition. I was really pleased with it."