The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who already possess a valid fitness instructor qualification with the additional knowledge; understanding and skills required to plan and instruct group circuit training sessions.
This course has been designed to enhance the knowledge developed from taking the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction: Gym-Based Exercise.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Methods of collecting participant information
- Principles of screening participants prior to exercise including the use of the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- How to use participant information to assist with the planning of safe and effective group circuit training sessions
- How to use music to enhance group circuit training sessions
- Fundamentals of sports massage treatments.
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of participants
- Preparing self, equipment and environment for group circuit training sessions
- Instructing group circuit training sessions
- Evaluating own performance.
If you’re interested in taking part, contact Mike Ridley by calling 01964 553000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course takes place over two days on a weekend, 9am - 4pm.
Dates to be confirmed. Please contact 01964 504160 for more information.
Share this course
BTEC Level 3 in Sport (Rugby, Football and Netball Academy Option)
Jordan had always loved playing sport, so when the opportunity came to study at Bishop Burton and be part of the College's Rugby League Academy progrmame, he jumped at the chance.
Combining academicstudies with an elite training programme, the programme offered Jordan the chance to pursue his professional sporting dream whilst studying a vocational course, should his sports career not take off.
Jordan worked hard both on and off the pitch, taking full advantage of the access he had to state-of-the-art facilities and respected coaches, trainers and lecturers, and his dream became reality when he signed a professional contact with Super League team, Hull FC. A lifelong dream realised through hard work, ambition and determination. Jordan now plays for Hull KR.