This degree will develop your critical understanding of the sport and health sectors and contemporary developments in these fields. The course is designed to provide flexibility as modules provide both sport and health-related concepts. Also, you will have optional modules at Level 6 to specialise further depending on your career pathway and personal interests. A range of both theoretical and practical competencies will be developed through different types of assessment and teaching methods.
You also have the opportunity to join the course at Level 6 on successful completion of a relevant Foundation Degree or equivalent. Find out more about our FdSc Sport, Exercise Science and Health course.
- Academic and professional skills
- Anatomy and physiology
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Health screening and exercise prescription
- Diet and nutrition
- Injury management and rehabilitation
- Coaching special populations
- Principles of strength and conditioning
- Community sport promotion and development
- Dissertation project
Application for the full-time course is through UCAS, using code CX61, and application to the part-time programme is through the College website.
Three years full-time and five years part-time.
Graduates can further their studies at Masters or Doctorate level.
This degree can help you enjoy a successful career in many areas of the sport and health industry, ranging from PE teaching, coaching, talent identification, data analysis, business development, fitness health and safety, health and wellbeing advisers, lifestyle coaches, sports therapy plus many more.
Upon registering to become a student of Bishop Burton College on a programme validated by the University of Hull, each student agrees to comply with the following:
- University of Hull Complaint Regulations (so far as it applies to Collaborative Provision students)
- University of Hull Academic Appeal & Queries Regulations (so far as it applies to Collaborative Provision students)
- Guide for Collaborative Provision Students
- University of Hull Library and ICT Regulations and Guidelines
- Any other University of Hull policy, procedure, regulation or requirement as may be communicated from time to time. Find out more about the University of Hull's Quality and Standards.
See our Student Privacy Notice for details of how we manage your data.
Visit our Document Downloads page to access Bishop Burton College's policies, i.e. our Student Disciplinary Policy and Mental Health Policy.
Applicants should have a minimum of 80 UCAS points at A-Level or a Level 3 Extended Diploma, plus a satisfactory reference.
Life experience of mature students will be taken into account when considering applications. The successful completion of an entry task may be required when considering applications without the required formal entry qualifications.
For advanced entry to final stage, a relevant Foundation Degree or HND at merit level or higher is needed.
BTEC Level 3 in Sport (Rugby, Football and Netball Academy Option)
Jordan had always loved playing sport, so when the opportunity came to study at Bishop Burton and be part of the College's Rugby League Academy progrmame, he jumped at the chance.
Combining academicstudies with an elite training programme, the programme offered Jordan the chance to pursue his professional sporting dream whilst studying a vocational course, should his sports career not take off.
Jordan worked hard both on and off the pitch, taking full advantage of the access he had to state-of-the-art facilities and respected coaches, trainers and lecturers, and his dream became reality when he signed a professional contact with Super League team, Hull FC. A lifelong dream realised through hard work, ambition and determination. Jordan now plays for Hull KR.