This is a work-related course where you will learn by completing projects and assignments based in realistic workplace situations. It covers all the basic knowledge and skills needed to work in this industry.
- Amenity and decorative horticulture
- Introduction to biology
- Introduction to land-based machinery operation
- Plant production
- The horticulture industry and organisations
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
One year full-time, normally in College three days a week.
Students can progress to study at Level 3 or go straight into work.
Work as a landscape gardener, garden maintenance officer, grounds person, nursery and garden technician, florist, plant research specialist and many more.
Four GCSEs at grade D or 3 or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. One satisfactory reference is also needed.