These Food Safety courses have been designed to address the food safety and hygiene needs of the catering sector. Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and to ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat so it is extremely important that employers address this need by training their staff. Different pathways are available to meet the needs of the industry.
As well as being held at Bishop Burton College these courses can be delivered on your own site, using your own equipment ensuring your employees are trained in the environment they are most familiar with and at a time that best suits you. The assessment method of this course is a series of multiple choice questions.
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing (Meat and Poultry)
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Food safety and hygiene hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
Level 2 - £65 per person.
Level 3 - £245 per person.
Share this course
There are no formal entry requirements.
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
Leonora was previously a pupil at South Hunsley School. She enjoys baking at home and says she feels more confident after studying at Bishop Burton College.
Q: What do you like about Bishop Burton College?
A: It is a really friendly place and you are made to feel welcome from the start. There are always people around to help you if you need it.
Q: What is the best thing about your course?
A: I enjoy it most when we are working in the kitchen and it feels like I am a professional chef.
Q: What are your hopes for the future?
A: I am considering enhancing my education in this area with further study but am also looking at opportunities to go straight into work at the end of this course.