This is a programme of work-based training and assessment leading to nationally recognised qualifications. They aim to:
- Meet the needs of learners who work or want to work in the Land-based Operations sector
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment.
This qualification supports you to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
- Maintain the safety of self and others in the workplace
- Transporting supplies of physical resources within the work area
- Maintaining structures and surfaces
- Maintenance of equipment
- Assist with maintaining plants
- Maths and / or English (if not achieved at grade 4).
One year full-time.
Share this course
No formal entry requirements. One satisfactory reference is needed.
BTEC Level 3 in Land-Based Engineering
Ashley is travelling the world as a vehicle mechanic in the army after completing his two-year Engineering course.
He is confident his time at Bishop Burton College has prepared him for this exciting opportunity.
“We have covered a really wide variety of things,” said Ashley. “The tutors are always really helpful when you need them.
“I will now be joining the army as a vehicle mechanic and going around the world. The travelling, the fact I will be able to gain more
qualifications and get to make new friends all appeal to me.
“I have learned a lot at the College that will help me as I will be staying in the industry. There will be a lot of skills that I will be able to transfer over.
“I’ve really enjoyed my time at Bishop Burton.”