The Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying is designed to provide an introduction to the construction industry. Learners will gain knowledge on how to prepare for a career in Bricklaying.
The qualification will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Explore the skills and knowledge required for working in the construction industry
- Gain an awareness of the importance of health and safety in construction
- Gain awareness about environmental issues relating to construction
Work experience forms a large part of the study programme with learners needing to complete over 300 hours off-site work experience. This has to be undertaken in an area related area to your main qualification and learners are expected to secure this prior to commencing the course if possible.
- Exploring health, safety and welfare in construction
- Construction drawing techniques
- Set out masonry structures
- Erect masonry structures
- Sustainability in the construction Industry
- Maths and / or English (if not achieved at grade 4).
One year full-time.
Work as a qualified bricklayer, with the potential to develop your career across the wider construction industry in roles such as site foreman, building supervisor, building control officer, construction plant operator and many more.
CSkills Level 1 Award in Bricklaying
Manver has thrived at Bishop Burton and puts his success down to the help and support he has received from his course tutors.
Having completed his course, he is progressing to the next level and is confident he will soon be working as a self-employed bricklayer in an industry where there is a high demand for skilled workers.
“It is a very practical, hands-on course,” said Manver. “The staff are all really good and friendly. If you need any help they are always there for you.
“I’ve met so many people at Bishop Burton and I’ve learned something different every day. It is a really good College.
“I would like to be a self-employed bricklayer and am aiming for an apprenticeship to get more experience.”