The aim of the course is to help students gain a knowledge an understanding of basic plastering skills ranging from applying an undercoat and finish coat to a block wall using traditional and modern methods, including dry lining using Gypsum.
- Unique rural campus location with convenient parking
- Excellent dedicated teaching facilities
- Well qualified and experienced specialist lectures
- A friendly supportive learning environment
Students will practice and gain knowledge of:
- External rendering including the different float finish that can be applied and use of angle beads and bell casts.
- Tool identification and health and safety play a large part in this course and the course also includes sustainability of materials used for plastering.
- Cutting and fixing plasterboards to a stud partition wall and apply a skim coat to the boards including corking of the joints.
To book a place or request further information, please call 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.
Four evenings, 6 - 9pm.
£199 per person.
- Basic brickwork
Share this course
There are no formal entry requirements.
CSkills Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
Callum has always been interested in construction and had this course recommended to him by people he knows. He studied the level one and level two course and moved onto the level three because he wanted to build complex structures and get industry experience.
Q: What do you like about Bishop Burton College?
A: The facilities are excellent and the new equipment and latest technology is great to practice with, so I know what to expect in the workplace. The staff also take us on lots of different trips that are linked with the units I am studying.
Q: What is the best thing about your course?
A: I have had the opportunity to work on a number of different construction sites arranged by my tutors, including the DIY SOS show. I was able to put into practice what I was taught in the workshops and use it in the real world.
Q: What are your hopes for the future?
A: I want to get work with a local construction company and would eventually like to set up my own business in the future.