The aim of the course is to help students gain a knowledge an understanding of basic plastering skills ranging from applying an undercoat and finish coat to a block wall using traditional and modern methods, including dry lining using Gypsum.
- Unique rural campus location with convenient parking
- Excellent dedicated teaching facilities
- Well qualified and experienced specialist lectures
- A friendly supportive learning environment
Students will practice and gain knowledge of:
- External rendering including the different float finish that can be applied and use of angle beads and bell casts.
- Tool identification and health and safety play a large part in this course and the course also includes sustainability of materials used for plastering.
- Cutting and fixing plasterboards to a stud partition wall and apply a skim coat to the boards including corking of the joints.
To book a place or request further information;
Call now on 01964 553034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
Four evenings, 6 - 9pm.
£120 per person.
- Basic brickwork
Share this course
There are no formal entry requirements.
CSkills Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying
Manver has thrived at Bishop Burton and puts his success down to the help and support he has received from his course tutors.
Having completed his course, he is progressing to the next level and is confident he will soon be working as a self-employed bricklayer in an industry where there is a high demand for skilled workers.
“It is a very practical, hands-on course,” said Manver. “The staff are all really good and friendly. If you need any help they are always there for you.
“I’ve met so many people at Bishop Burton and I’ve learned something different every day. It is a really good College.
“I would like to be a self-employed bricklayer and am aiming for an apprenticeship to get more experience.”