This course is designed for spray operators and pest control technicians who require a certificate of competence for pesticide spraying.
The successful completion of this unit will be a condition of entry onto any other Pesticide unit.
This qualification teaches the candidates to:
- Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides
- Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information
- Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination
- Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination
- Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides
- Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings
- Understand the records that must be kept
- Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment
To book a place or request further information, call us on 01964 553034 or email email@example.com with your requirements.
£190 per person
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Boom Sprayer Unit PA2
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Pesticide Granular Application Unit PA4
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Handheld Applicator Unit PA6
Share this course
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16. There are no other formal entry requirements.
Farm Management Development Programme
Harry Middleditch is a 25-year-old Assistant Farm Manager for D F Middleditch & Son based on the Essex / Suffolk border. They farm approximately 1000 acres of combinable crops, as well as having a flock of 50 pedigree Hampshire Down sheep and 100 Poll Dorset Ewes. A 2017 delegate, see what Harry thought of the Farm Management Development Programme...
“Since completing the first week of the Farm Management Development Programme, I arrived home with a new outlook on agriculture as a sector as well as a broader understanding of management.
"The course has made me rethink my business and how to take it forward in this ever-changing time within the industry.”