Trainee Potato Buyer/Technologist
Albert Barlett Potatoes, Kirton Holme, Boston, Lincolnshire
Added: 8th September 2020
Due to an increase in sales we are looking to recruit a Trainee Potato Buyer / Technologist to work from our site at Kirton Holme, Boston, Lincolnshire.
The recruit will join a busy procurement department - the role of this department is to deliver consistent supply of quality potatoes to the business. The recruit will report directly to the Procurement Manager.
- To work within the procurement department at Boston, as a trainee, with the emphasis to get involved with every aspect of raw material supply to site. This will include building relationships with existing growers, developing new suppliers, field and store sampling, quality assessments of crops, communicating quality and yield to suppliers, off site stock management, scheduling of supply, checking technical compliance of suppliers, trading potatoes, contract management, and helping with administration.
- This role will be based at Boston, Lincolnshire. Extensive travel to visit suppliers and customers across the UK will be required. Depending on circumstances, it will also be a requirement to travel and source potatoes from abroad.
- An Agricultural graduate or young person with higher level qualifications looking for an introduction into a fast paced Fresh Produce business.
- The ability to work efficiently as part of a team, but also the ability to use their own initiative when required.
- A confident, enthusiastic and committed individual.
- An excellent communicator at all levels, with the ability to negotiate and develop effective relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- An understanding of the Fresh Produce Industry, Agriculture and UK farming.
- Applicants should be IT literate and possess a full driving license and passport.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, with excellent opportunities for career progression through the business. Full training and support will be provided.