Ellerker Lodge Garden Centre Ltd, Brough
Salary: £174.00 - £328.40 per week
Added: 16th December 2019
Closing Date: 28th February 2020
We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as a Horticultural Apprentice. The role will involve caring for plants and displaying them for sale and helping to provide a clean, tidy and safe retail area to benefit the customers of a popular and busy Garden Centre.
Duties will include:
- Looking after, watering, weeding, feeding and maintaining plants and trees
- Labelling plants
- Potting on in a greenhouse
- Displaying plants in retail area
- Maintaining and tidying outdoor retail areas
- Pricing up and displaying garden products
- Serving customers using a cash register and credit card machine terminal
- Team working skills
- The successful candidate will be organised and have a good attention to detail
- Ability to carry out work exactly as instructed
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A professional and smart appearance is also essential
- No experience required as full training will be given
- No qualifications required as full training will be given but candidate should have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to complete the Level 2 Apprenticeship
The successful candidate may be taken on permanently with potential to work their way up over the years.
Things to consider
- Weekend work is required - Alternate weekends - Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm
- The vacancy is based in a rural area and public transport links are minimal. You will need to ensure that you can access the employer and training provider in line with the hours of work
- The role will involve working outdoors/in all weathers//heat/cold/lifting etc
- For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Rob Hardcastle began his career at the Garden Centre then left in order to set up his own landscaping business. He then took over the Garden Centre in December 2014 and made many improvements. It is now much more modern, cleaner, tidier and has a much larger range of products.
The Olive Tree Coffee Shop and Restaurant opened within the Garden Centre in December 2016 which has brought many more customers into the Garden Centre.