Digital Communications and Design Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Closing Date: 25th October 2020
Interview Date: 9th November 2020
The postholder will support the Marketing Director in the delivery of all digital and traditional marketing and communication plans, acting as brand guardian for the college. The role requires the post holder to build on the College’s digital and social media presence in support of strategic objectives, whilst ensuring all stakeholders are actively and positively engaged. The post holder will play a critical role in driving forward the college’s ability to reach and engage its audiences and champion digital marketing innovation and excellence in all methods of communication.
The postholder will oversee all digital and design needs of College marketing materials and will be responsible for: social media and digital marketing management (paid, organic, PPC, search, CMS / web maintenance, email marketing) and design for print / publications.
Bishop Burton College includes Riseholme College and the postholder may be required to carry out duties at both campuses or any other College site. The following list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be exclusive. It should be taken as an indicator of the type and level of activity expected of this post. The list does not represent either priorities or frequency of tasks and should be regularly updated by the post holder in consultation with and agreement of their line manager.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and enhance the College’s digital marketing and communications strategy. This includes the effective use of a wide range of digital platforms and traditional marketing channels to promote the college’s provision, student experience and achievements of the college and its students.
- Plan, develop, edit, and upload online content on a daily basis, in support of a strong strategic direction.
- Maintain the college’s websites and social media channels to ensure content is current, engaging and
- in support of college priorities and student recruitment.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director to support the wider marketing team in the development of all communications, appropriate for each of our target audiences. This includes the development and management of marketing and communication plans as necessary.
- Champion digital communications across the whole college and evaluate its effectiveness and appropriateness in all situations.
- Analyse and evaluate digital platforms/communications, make recommendations for improvements and implement change to ensure continual development effectiveness.
- Actively lead on the research of digital innovations to inform future strategy and plans.
- Actively lead digital compliance for all platforms and channels used within the college’s marketing function.
- Act as brand champion for the college, driving the design of all creative assets (online and office) forward. This includes overseeing the design work of external agencies as well as creating/amend artwork in-house using Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Take part in and support ‘all staff’ college events, such as Lambing Sunday, and recruitment Open Events as necessary. This will require some evening and weekend working.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and
vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are in a position of trust and therefore have a responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults in accordance with the nature of this post. A Disclosure & Barring Service check is carried out for all relevant appointments.
- Excellent rural work environment
- Free car parking
- A range of on-site catering facilities
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership at the on-site gym
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Strong College Values such as Striving for Excellence and ‘Can do’ Attitude
How to apply
To apply please download the application form and job description with the person specification. E-mail your completed application form to the HR Team, by midnight on the closing date to email@example.com If you have any queries please contact the HR Team at the above email address.