Ashwood Services, Hull, HU10 7HG
Salary: £172.00 per week
Added: 29th July 2021
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
Since 2004 Ashwood Services has earned a solid reputation for quality work and top-class service and has been responsible for many landscape projects throughout Hull and East Yorkshire. We are currently looking for an Apprentice Hard Landscaper to join our hardworking team. We enjoy what we do and want the future apprentice to enjoy this industry too as well learn from us.
There is a requirement to be fit and able to fit the demands of the role.
Things to Consider: There is lifting of equipment, and quite a lot of activity and movement involved. We also, within reason, work in all weathers.
We are willing to teach our skills and want someone who is willing to learn.
Landscape Duties Include:
- Hard and soft landscaping including laying paving, turfing, decking and fencing
- Site preparation – groundworks and excavation
- Setting of Levels and Falls
- Selecting and using tools and equipment consistent with risk assessments
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues
- Operate machinery
- Friendly & Polite Manner
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
No qualifications required as full training will be given, but candidate should have a good level of English and maths.
Things to Consider
- Weekend work may apply
- The vacancy is based in a rural area and public transport links are minimal. You will need to ensure that you can access the employer and training provider in line with the hours of work
- If you are short listed for this vacancy you may need to attend more than one interview
- The role will involve working outdoors / in all weathers / driving agricultural vehicles / using heavy equipment/lifting etc.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please follow the link below to the online application portal: