Apprentice Agricultural Engineer
Grange Machinery Ltd, Sproatley, Hull
Salary: £147-£180 per week dependent on age
Added: 29th April 2021
Closing Date: 23rd May 2021
The role will involve machine assembly and fabrication, working closely within a small, hardworking team. Knowledge of agricultural machinery is essential but full training on the Grange Machinery product range will be provided.
You will need an appetite for learning and enthusiasm for the industry. It is a very fast-paced environment so a “can do” attitude and an ability to work on your own initiative is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of parts and full machines
- Simple engineering process such as pressing and sawing box section
- Delivering and collecting parts/components locally to and from offices and the factory
- Setting up machinery in the field
- Problem solving/servicing machines in the field
- Sales and marketing within the business
- Literacy skills
- Numeracy skills
- Team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Previous experience in the sector would be beneficial
- IT skills - Confident in using email, internet, and internal systems
- Comfortable dealing with the public
- Ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Work to deadlines
- Organised and have a good attention to detail
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The vacancy is based in a small team and the candidate will be expected to work using their own initiative
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to work in a busy environment
- A hard-working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
No qualifications required as full training will be given but candidate should have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to complete the Apprenticeship.
Things to Consider
Weekend work is required (some Saturdays as required).
The vacancy is based in a rural area and public transport links are minimal. You will need to ensure that you can access the employer and training provider in line with the hours of work.
If you are short listed for this vacancy you may need to attend more than one interview.
The role will involve working outdoors/in all weathers/standing for long periods/chemicals/heat/cold/heights/underground/ driving/using heavy equipment/lifting etc.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please follow the link below: