Summary of the Role
Our award winning café forms an important part of our visitor experience; offering a welcoming atmosphere and a family friendly and good value menu. The café is open between the hours of 10am – 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday and Monday – Sunday during the school holidays. As a valued member of our catering team, your role as Café Assistant will be to deliver all aspects of front of house and some kitchen duties.
The ideal candidate
To succeed in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
• A passion for customer service
• Good communication and team working
• Impeccable hygiene standards
• The ability to work efficiently and show initiative
• A good understanding of health and safety
Bransby Horses is a large and progressive equine welfare charity, set in the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside, just outside the city of Lincoln. The charity was founded in 1968 by one man, Mr Peter Hunt but now has over 180 employees sharing the vision; a world where every horse has a life worth living.
By joining us, you will be aiding a worthwhile cause to care for equines in need, raise awareness and vital funds for the important work that we do, whilst also having the opportunity to see first-hand, the positive impact we have on the lives of horses, ponies, donkeys and mules.
Working in the third sector is incredibly rewarding and on top of that we offer an attractive benefits package to include:
• 30 days holiday (pro rata for part time), rising with service
• An extra day off for your Birthday
• Buying leave and other salary sacrifice schemes
• Pension with 4% employee, employer contribution
• Enhanced sick pay schemes
• Employee discount onsite
• Free uniform
• Employer Funded Health Cash Plan with BHSF
• Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing support
• Inclusive and caring culture and community
• Ongoing training and support with career development
How to apply
All candidates are advised to read the job description prior to submitting an application, making reference in your personal statement to the knowledge and experience outlined. This vacancy is due to close on 19 June but may close sooner, with interviews to take place soon after along with outcomes for all applicants.