An area of willow and poplar provide students with experience in the harvesting, handling, manufacturing and marketing products made from this topical crop.
- Horticulture Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Horticulture Level 2 Diploma
Riseholme has a large number of glasshouses, demonstration gardens and significant allotment space. There are also propagation, garden design, construction and machinery facilities. The grounds are extensively stocked with many plants.
The horticultural department grows a wide range of plants and crops including house plants, nursery stock, summer bedding, fruit, vegetables and herbs.
Students are actively engaged in growing, planting and managing the plants. They also design, create and maintain gardens, and construct garden features. Students develop a wide range of practical and technical skills throughout their studies, both in college and on planned work experience programmes.
Come and join us so you can
- Explore your creative potential to the full
- Gain commercial, industrial and competitive experience to enhance your employability
- Enjoy a rich and inclusive horticultural, landscape and garden design curriculum
- Take advantage of employment, self-employment and fee-earning opportunities within the sector
- Work both individually and collaboratively